Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Keep Me Hanging...


I know it’s been a while but suddenly I have a new pet peeve. It’s when you reply to an ad posted on Freecycle or Craig’s List and the rat bastards never reply back to let you know if they’ve given away or sold the item.

For months now I’ve been checking my email hoping I’ll get a message telling me to come pick up the wire fence panels. I’m also waiting to hear about the pop-up tent trailer. The rat bastards are keeping me hanging and I don’t like it one bit. In reality I know the items are both long gone, but there is still a little hope still burning inside me that thinks that maybe I’ll get an email that says, “Sorry dude, my computer has been down for ages so I haven’t been able to reply before now. It’s yours!”

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

If there's a phone number, you're better off calling them. There are so many scams on Craigslist that these days, we tend to assume if a person is serious, they will call. Of course, when they don't put a number in the ad and still don't reply, that's another story.

6:25 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Well, one thing you will eventually learn when you get a little older is that some people are just irresponsible jerks. I'm sorry to break it to you this way, but it's better you find out now.

7:05 AM  
Blogger richpix said...

Well, you haven't gotten a reply, but you did attract a spammer!

What I find worse than not getting a response is listing something on FreeCycle and then the person not showing up.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor service! I would complain and complain...

6:44 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Donna, no phone numbers on the ones I've been looking at. They would be deluged.

Being you work with irresponsible jerks I can see why you have a bad attitude.

Spamming rat bastard gets deleted.

Rich, I've had great follow-through on the items I've put on freecycle.

Anon, I just did.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home