Saturday, June 19, 2010

Everything For Tea


I mentioned Long John Baldry in the post yesterday. For those of you that have never heard of him before, Long John Baldry was the premiere Rock and Roll and Blues legend in England. He inspired the Beatles and just about every group out there. He gave a career to Rod Stewart, who by the way paid all of Long John's medical bills as Long John was dying. Ever wonder where Reginald Kenneth Dwight became Elton John? Dwight was going by the name "Elton John", in homage to Bluesology saxophonist Elton Dean and Long John Baldry.

I was hoping to find John singing this song on youtube, but I found only a crappy live version so instead I present to you an audio only version that John did on his Everything Stops For Tea album
Everything Stops For Tea There is a player at this sight so you don't have to download the file.

3 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Hee hee hee! I hadn't heard that one. I remember one song that they used to play on Dr Demento all the time. "Don't try to lay no boogie woogie on the king of rock 'n roll". That was the first John Baldry song I ever heard and I have been a fan ever since.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw him do a gig in Vancouver in a small bar. Cool guy. He was wearing tight white pants. Then I knew why they called him Long John...

Moose

11:29 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, This tune was the somewhat exact replica of the version Jack Buchanan did back in the 30s. Great tune.

Moose, you talking about the French Half?

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home